Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pampering Day 24: Sleeping In

Most of the time, I have to get up early in order to get Will dressed and fed for the day. During the week, Allen isn't home so it's my responsibility to take care of all of that on my own, even though Lily and I would probably sleep much later than 7:00 in the morning. The past few weeks, we've had so much going on during the weekend that I didn't get to sleep in even when Allen was home from work.

Today was the first time I didn't have to worry about getting up to either take care of Will or tend to some other responsibilities. I got up in the night to nurse Lily a few times, but she went right back to sleep after eating. My pampering today was the fact that I did not have to get out of bed until 10:30!!  That is a miracle around here and I felt so much better all day after all that rest.

My word to all you mamas out there: Sleep when you can! The housework can wait. Your to-do list can wait. Ask your spouse, a friend, or family member to watch the kids and get a few extra hours while you can. It is amazing how two or three extra hours can make all the difference in the world, even if you don't get them all in a row. I feel like a new woman!

Oh, and for your added pleasure, a cute picture of Lily in a tutu. This tutu came from my cousin Janet. She gave it to us at Mom's memorial service and it was one of the few items that was in my suitcase instead of hers, so it wasn't lost in the bag that Delta can't find. I'm so grateful to have this!


No comments:

Post a Comment