Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pampering Day 28: Goats Milk Lotion

For the first time in weeks, I had a day where I could just relax at home (without being sick). Downright luxurious! This morning, I watched "James and the Giant Peach" with Will and nursed the baby, who is on a growth spurt, teething and trying to figure out how to roll over all at the same time. Poor sweetie! This afternoon I waded through about 2,000 emails (no joke!) and worked on getting my appointments book updated. It looks like I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with homeschool stuff, midwifery stuff, social occasions and going out of town. Fun times!

I looked down at my hands today and realized that they are once again showing the business of my life. You can really tell when I don't have a minute to stop. See? There's chipped polish, the nails are long (which doesn't work with playing the violin) and there are all kinds of rough spots:



I didn't have long enough to myself today to paint my nails. I was constantly holding or nursing Lily, who is very sweet but a bit needy with everything going on with her. Instead, I removed the old polish, clipped the nails and took care of the rough spots. Then, I slathered on a nice helping of some new goats milk lotion that my Dad's wife gave to me during the weekend we were in Minnesota for Mom's memorial service. I couldn't find a website for her, but the phone number is listed on the container. If you're inclined to try it, I'm guessing that is the best way to find it.



Seriously, that lotion is better than anything I can find in the store and it makes my hands feel so soft. Incidentally, it also feels good on my face after I wash it. Moisturizing without being greasy. 

Even though I don't have polish on my nails yet, my hands look a lot more pampered now and it feels good to do something to physically take care of myself. Love it!


Hopefully sometime in the next few days, Lily's stuff will calm down a bit so I can paint my nails. This coming weekend, Allen and I are going to a marriage retreat and it would feel so good to have sparkly nails.


As an added bonus, Lily lost her two Hanna Andersson outfits from Mom when Delta lost track of her suitcase. I ordered her new ones to replace them and the jammies showed up.




1 comment:

  1. Nice! So I have a question; does the goats milk lotion smell like the goat's milk you get at the supermarket? Something about that stuff makes me always gag. I'd love to find something for my hands (nursing classes and clinicals have me washing my hadns constantly so they are getting dry and cracked) but I definitely don't want my own hands to make me gag! lol

    ReplyDelete