Friday, March 4, 2011

Pampering Days 15-23: Getting Back on Track

I wanted to post to let you know that I am still here and I'm going to be posting daily again. I honestly did not mean to take a break. But, we flew to MN for Mom's memorial and then on Monday we flew home, only to have the baby's suitcase gone missing on the other end. The airline thinks someone stole it at baggage claim. Anyway, I had that coupled with some mean vertigo that kept me from going to the Birth Freedom March in Raleigh that I so desperately wanted to attend. I felt like I let folk down but sometimes our bodies make calls for us when we won't do it on our own. I must have needed the rest.

Here is a video from the event that is so near and dear to my heart even though I didn't get to be there. It is awesome to see so many friends on camera. Way to go y'all!!


Anyway, some days were better than others when it came to pamper missions. Mom's memorial service was amazing and it was so incredible to see so many friends and family members that I hadn't seen in years. What a blessing!

Thursday March 24th: We flew to MN and when we got to the hotel, I took a nice long hot shower and treated myself to my favorite lotions, quite the luxury after traveling. As an added bonus, the body cream was a gift from Mom before she died.



Friday February 25th:I think this is the only day I missed! It was a good day, but I just didn't take time for myself.

Saturday February 26th: This was the day of Mom's memorial service and it would have been easy to forget to take time out with all the action, but Tammi's mom, Carol, made me some super delicious cupcakes, so I spent my pampering time savoring every bite. Yummmmmmm (I need to get that recipe).



Sunday February 27th: My Mom was friends with Jill for years and years. She and her husband had us over for a delicious home cooked Caribbean meal. Two of their kids, who I grew up with, were there as well and it was so much fun to connect again as adults. This was exactly the relaxation we needed. Their hospitality was absolutely amazing. I only wish we lived closer.

Monday February 28th: Lily fell asleep on the plane on our way home and I decided to take a nap, too. That was pure bliss! Afterward, I browsed the Sky Mall magazine and lusted after all kinds of useless gadgets that I figured were sure to make my life easier. LOL!

Tuesday March 1st: I felt awful with vertigo this day and I was so emotional about having lost Lily's suitcase and was really focusing on the things she'd bought for Lily and Will that I would never have back again. Not sure if there's anything I could call a pamper mission, but I did try to lean on friends for support and I tried to rest a little, which helped.

Wednesday March 2nd: My vertigo wasn't too good and I was quite depressed about not being able to go to Raleigh and about the things lost in the suitcase that were in one way or another touched by my Mom. But, Steph took Will for the majority of the day and that gave me time to get some rest, put my feet up, pray and get put back together again. That was exactly what I needed!

Thursday March 3rd: I took Will and Lily to the mall to replace several items that were in the suitcase that the airline lost. While there, we stopped for frozen yogurt. That was my pampering. I discovered my new favorite flavor at Yogurt Mountain: pistachio. Truly delicious, especially with fresh fruit.

Friday March 4th: The house was looking drab and not smelling too fresh, so I took some time to straighten up some things that were bugging me this week while I wasn't feeling well with my vertigo and then I sprayed some delicious smelling cherry blossom spritzer all over the house to make it smell nice before putting my feet up on the couch. Normally, I would count that as work, but sometimes after being sick it feels like pampering because I get to wanting a nice environment again, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment