Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pampering Day 27: Silence!

I had a marvelous day today. This morning, I got the pleasure of bringing lunch to a friend who had surgery not too long ago. It was so wonderful to see her, her kiddos and to meet her mama. This afternoon, we met with another friend who had surgery not too long ago. She came to our house for lunch. Will was ecstatic to see her!

The day was a blast and filled with activity and nursing a baby who is teething and on a growth spurt, but it left me feeling joyful. There was also a lot of activity and a pretty good noise level. Anyone who has ever met Will knows that he is a ball of energy. That intensity of energy all day long can sometimes make me downright desperate for quiet time, just so I can hear myself think. LOL!

By the time the kids went to bed, I was so noised and activitied out that I couldn't even figure out what I wanted for dinner. LOL! So, when Allen went to the store to get a couple of things, I used the 15 minutes to pamper myself with a scarce commodity for moms: SILENCE. Yep, I sat down on the couch, put my feet up, closed my eyes and did nothing. Talk about luxury! It renewed my spirit and I was able to get on with the evening and enjoy watching "Glee" and "Raising Hope" with Allen. Fun times!

The past few days, I have focused on pampering missions that renew my spirit. After all the emotional turmoil I have been through, that has made the most sense and was exactly what I needed. Now, I feel like those emotional/social needs are pretty much met and I feel some physical pampering coming on in the next few days. Not exactly sure where I'll go with that. But, I know I'm craving something like a luxurious bubble bath, manicure, pedicure or massage. I also wasn't able to exercise with the vertigo, so I'm craving some good runs -- something long enough to feel the burn that hurts so good (3 miles? 5 miles?). Tomorrow it's going to be rainy, so the run likely isn't an option but tune in to see what I decide to do. Looking forward to a change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment