Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pampering Day 11: Yummm

Allen and I had a wonderful date last night. We went to Mai Thai, one of our favorite restaurants and then went to see "Big Mommas" at the mall. I got all dressed up in one of the dresses Allen got me for Christmas and we truly enjoyed talking and spending time together without any kid interruptions. We hadn't had that in a few months and were long overdue for five hours of couple time.

The kids spent the evening with Steph's family, where they played outside, grilled out and watched a movie. All four kiddos and adults seemed to have a ball. Normally when folk watch the kids they come to our house but the kids see Steph enough that they're comfortable in her home. Will gets so excited to go over there and has so much fun that he asks when he can do it again. lol. When we arrived to pick up the kids, Will was playing and Lily was fast asleep. Steph took a picture of us:






Today was pretty laid-back. My friend Heather was going to bring us lunch, but 7 of the 8 in her family got sick, so we rescheduled for when we get back from MN. We had the afternoon to chill before my violin students came and I decided to make my pampering mission about yumminess. I took a trip to Food Lion for produce like romaine, cilantro, green onions, oranges, apples, grapes and more. 

I came home and made myself an old favorite from college: Flatout pizza. Flatout is this super delish soft flatbread that you can find over by the deli counter. Add a few tablespoons of tomato sauce, herbs, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings. I used tomato and green pepper and topped it with a little fresh ground pepper. All it takes is about 3-5 minutes under the broiler to cook the pizza. I also made a green smoothie to go with the pizza and then sat down to munch and enjoy the energized feeling from all the good healthy food. When life is really busy, sometimes the best thing I can do to pamper myself is properly fuel myself and allow enough time to really enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. At Target, there is an Archer Farms brand naan and some other flatbread varieties that I love to buy for pizza making. So much tastier than plain old dough!! Naan for pizza is awesome thanks to all the garlic.

    Love having a date night! We had a date afternoon on Sunady- went to see a community theatre production a friend directed.

    ReplyDelete