Monday, February 21, 2011

Pampering Day 12: Springing to Action

This post is a bit late because I have been preoccupied with other things that are going on. Many of you who know me know that I have a passion for home birth and love my dear midwife so much for following God's call on her life. She and her apprentices, whom I consider dear friends, have touched my family's life more than they will ever know. After our hospital experience with Will and all the trauma that ensued, we were led to pray about a different way of doing things. Our homebirth experience with Lily was healing and breathed a certain spiritual gift into our family that I can't even describe. That gift makes me want to shout from the rooftops what God-led birthing can be like. Words cannot even express...

Today, I learned that my midwife was arrested for providing services that she's qualified to provide and does so responsibly and faithfully to God's call.. I'm sad and enraged and moved to action. Please, go to North Carolina Friends of Midwives to learn more about how to take action and then go to the NC General Assembly page to find your legislators. Contact them daily and tell them we urgently need the CPM legislature to go through. If enough of us make our voices heard, things can change. As I look down at sweet little Lily cooing on the couch, I want to make sure that homebirth is an option for her when she is older. I will not rest until I am satisfied that she will have access to choices in childbirth.

This picture sums up our homebirth experience. It shows the spirit of praise that was present at our daughter's homebirth. The Holy Spirit was surely present in that experience...






My pampering mission seems kind of inconsequential today. I spent most of the day in correspondence with others about everything that is going on.  Nonetheless, I got together with a bunch of good friends this morning for a Valentine's Day party with our kiddos. What a blast! That was my pampering mission for the day because it renewed my spirit, brought me joy and gave me energy for all that the rest of the day entailed. Sometimes taking time out to be with people you love is the best form of pampering available. I am so grateful for my friends, our children and the amazing time we have together!

No comments:

Post a Comment