Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pampering Day 4: Smooth Heels

This is going to be a shorter post today. I'm not feeling especially deep or reflective and I am enjoying spending time with my wonderful little family. We didn't get sleep last night because Ms. Lily was burning the midnight oil until nearly 5am. Little stinker! We're low energy but enjoying our day anyhow. I missed a birth event I really wanted to go to tonight because I was just too tired to get behind the wheel and drive an hour in the dark.

Other than that, it's been a wonderful day. I got to go on a run in the sunshine this morning that totally recharged me. The first mile was uphill and made me feel like Superwoman and the second mile was downhill with a delightful breeze in my face. Other than that, we went grocery shopping, picked up some redbox movies and I made a couple of delectable desserts for Valentine's Day. One is a chocolate cheesecake on a chocolate chip cookie crust. The other is brownies, with a layer of ganache and a layer of raspberry cheesecake on top. Anyone who is lucky enough to stop by the house in the next few days is likely to get a piece of either or both. :-D

Today's pamper mission is heels. The other day I pampered my toes and made them all shiny but didn't have time to tackle my heels. Here are the tools I use to tackle my heels. I normally use a pumice stone, too, but I need to get a new one because the old one bit the dust.





I started by filing down the callouses with the sandpaper file thing on the far left. Next, I used the goop in the blue bottle. It's this nifty callous eating stuff that I squeeze on my heels and let sit for a minute or so before scrubbing it with a washcloth and washing it off. Next, I pulled out Allen's trusty watermelon bowl (beginning to think I need to start a blog on the secret life of his bowl!) and filled it with epsom salts and essential oils and soaked my feet to soften the remaining callous. Then, I used the razor blade tool with the clear handle to shave off the rest of the callouses. If you ever use one of those tools, be careful. You can cut yourself if you're not careful and you should make sure to store it where your kids can never get their paws on it. After the soak and scraping, I lathered my feet up with shea butter cream and put on my soft fluffy socks.

It feels so good to have soft feet again. Now, when we celebrate Valentine's Day my feet will look delicious in my strappy heels. Allen and I will have fondue at home tomorrow night but we won't formally celebrate Valentine's Day until the weekend. Originally, we were going to go out on a date this weekend but everyone who normally watches the kids magically got sick all in the same week. LOL, oh well! Next weekend we'll get to celebrate more peacefully since there won't be crowds of other couples out doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment